Montague Charter Academy is offering grab-and-go breakfast, lunch and supper on school days, free of charge! Meals are available to all children ages one to 18 and enrollment is not required. Effective January 4, 2021, seven days' worth of meals will be offered Monday-Wednesday 10:00am-6:00pm. Thursday and Friday from 10:00am-3:00pm.
Montague Charter Academy ofrece desayuno, almuerzo y cena para llevar en los días escolares, ¡sin cargo! Las comidas están disponibles para todos los niños de uno a 18 años y no se requiere inscripción. A partir del 4 de enero de 2021, se ofrecerán comidas para siete días de lunes a miércoles de 10:00 a.m. A 6:00 p.m. jueves y viernes de 10:00 a.m. a 3:00 p.m.
We put “Kids First” in every idea and decision we make. The Nutrition Services Department is committed to promoting healthy food choices through school meals and nutrition education for the students of Montague Charter Academy. Our team of food and nutrition professionals is dedicated to providing students with nutritious meals to support their academic success.
Montague Charter Academy (MCA) is responsible for the operation of its own School Breakfast Program (“SBP”) and National School Lunch Program (“NSLP”).
MCA’S kitchen serves over 1000 students daily
MCA’S Café is managed through K12 School Services.
MCA is a 100% free and reduced meal school which means Breakfast and Lunch meals are Free to all Montague Charter School Students!
Community Eligibility Provision
The Community Eligibility Provision was implemented by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. The CEP allows high-poverty schools to eliminate the administrative burden of school meal applications and still serve breakfast and lunch at no charge to all students so that they can be fueled and ready to learn.
As a Provision 2 School under the Community Eligibility Provisions:
- Students have access to free nutritious meals for all students, no stigma, and less time spent in cashier lines and more time to eat nutritious meals
- Parents don't have to fill out household application which also means less paperwork and no worries about lunch accounts
- Our School staff has a more streamlined meal service operation and more time for students to consume their food.
In order to participate in SBP and NSLP, Café Montague must meet nutritional guidelines set by the USDA. MCA’s Cafeteria staff has instituted higher standards and meets or exceeds limitations on total fat, saturated fat, calories, sodium, additives and dyes, and trans-fats that are required by law.
MCA’s menus are planned by an Executive Chef from K12 School Services and Registered Dietitians to ensure a healthy lifestyle:
• We have doubled student consumption of fruits and vegetables in the past two (2) years.
• We balance student preferences with healthy choices to offer nutritious meals.
• We bake our food; we do not serve fried food.
• We offer healthier versions of traditional favorites by using lean meats and proteins, and low fat cheese and dairy products.
• Our menus are available on the MCA website.
If your child requires a special diet please obtain a “Medical Statement Request for a Special Diet” form from the Cafeteria Manager or School Nurse. A doctor must sign the request in order for it to be valid.
The food menu is displayed for the entire calendar month on our website throughout the
Due to the MCA “Health and Wellness Policy,” MCA will no longer allow outside food on campus that is made at home for classroom parties without administrative approval. If approved, packaged items that are purchased at a store with approved health regulations are the only party items allowed. Please contact the office if you have any questions.