Montague Charter Academy has been an independent charter school for over 25 years, yet its future has never looked as bright as it is today. We have over 860 students enrolled and our numbers keep growing. We have a well-rounded program that supports the whole child.
Why should you enroll your child at MCA? Here’s why:
· MCA has an Arts and Sciences program where all students (TK-5th) participate on a weekly basis. They are taught by credentialed Science, Music, and Art teachers. Those teachers focus exclusively on their subject matter enabling them to teach at a deeper level not always seen at the elementary level. All classes travel to visit these labs.
· Small Class Size: TK 18 to 1 ratio, Kinder/ First Grade 20 to 1 ratio, Second/Third 20 to 1 ratio, and Fourth/Fifth 24 to 1 ratio.
· Each classroom has a dedicated 4.75-hour teacher assistant
· 1 to 1 Chromebooks School-wide
· A school-wide Positive Behavior Plan that works. Only 1 Suspension in 2022-2023
· A fully functional kitchen where all the food is prepared daily on-site which makes it always fresh. 40-60% of our meals are made from scratch and always fresh.
· Dedicated teachers that believe in MCA’s mission. MCA has one of the highest rates of experienced teachers in the charter world (20 years plus). Our pay and benefits are among the best for independent charters and teachers are vested.
· Strong leadership. MCA has been led by Mr. Salas, an experienced charter school leader with over 20 years of leadership experience. The leadership team he has assembled is guiding MCA to reach new heights each year
· MCA had the highest SBAC Scores among East San Fernando Valley comparison schools before COVID and is now climbing back up to regain 2018-19 levels
· Award winning Robotics Program
· Many afterschool opportunities